||Oracle Database Tips by Donald Burleson
Oracle10g Grid Computing
Chapter 5 -
Preparing Shared Storage
For Linux and
The OCFS version for Windows NT/2000 is the
same. OCFS for Windows does support a shared Oracle Home.
OCFS2 is the latest version of the Oracle
Cluster File System software. While OCFS Version 1 was designed
specifically for Oracle Database files, OCFS Ver 2 supports a shared
ORACLE_HOME installation also.
New features of the OCFS Version 2 include:
Improved performance of metadata operations
(space allocation, locking, etc).
Improved metadata caching.
Improved data caching (for files such as
oracle binaries, libraries, etc).
Network based DLM is used by default.
Improved journaling / node recovery - we
now use the Linux Kernel "JBD" subsystem.
Keep the same performance for Oracle data
files as OCFS1.
CDSL for node specific files.
The above text is
an excerpt from:
Oracle 10g Grid & Real Application
Computing with RAC
by Mike Ault, Madhu Tumma
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit www.dba-oracle.com or email