Mladen G., OCP
Senior Oracle DBA, 8i OCP certified, experienced in providing Oracle
support on HP-UX, Linux, Solaris AIX and Win2k, as well as performing a lead
roles in production support teams.
· Installed, configured, upgraded, migrated and patched Oracle databases in heterogeneous environment. Extensive experience with RDBMS, RAC, installations, RMAN, OEM, DataGuard, database tuning and troubleshooting.
· Development support, production support, and design review in a complex environment.
· Plan, Implement and test disaster recovery system, using RMAN and custom written shell scripts. Create and maintain Oracle DataGuard configuration.
· Database monitoring and tuning, application and queries using TKPROF, OEM, STATSPACK and custom scripts.
· Extensive experience in tuning complex OLTP database with several thousands of concurrent users. Some experience in creating, maintaining and tuning data warehouse databases. In particular, experience with both RAC and OPS.
· Experienced in evaluating, reviewing and assisting developers create data models.
Programming using SQL, C,UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl, PL/SQL, HTML and PHP.
November 2004 to December 2005. , Sr. Oracle DBA, Allegient Systems International
· Production support, and Database System infrastructure development.
· Monitoring and tuning from instance to query level by OEM, Tora, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, ANALYZE, DBMS_STAT, TKPROF and so on . As a part of R&D for the company, I installed the necessary software and created RAC system on RH EL 3.0. I created Linux RAC 184.108.40.206 database from scratch.
· RMAN backup. In particular, I re-wrote refresh of so-called reporting database (daily copy of production) using RMAN. Before RMAN, it was done by export/import.
· Perl scripting, shell scripting and PL/SQL programming to resolve business problems of various nature.
· Initial 10G exploration and testing.
July 2004 to November 2004, Sr. Oracle DBA, Premium IT
August 2003 to July 2004., Sr. Oracle DBA, Wang Trading LLC
· Install, load, monitor and troubleshoot company's two Oracle 9.2.05 databases. Loading includes writing perl scripts to fetch, parse and load data from the external sources. Databases are on Linux.
· Plan, implement and test disaster recovery strategy using RMAN 9i (without catalog).
· Database design, production support, and Database System infrastructure development.
· Monitoring and tuning from instance to query level by OEM, Tora, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, ANALYZE, DBMS_STAT, TKPROF and so on .
· Use Migration Workbench for SQL Server to migrate a small SQL Server database to Oracle.
May 1999 to July 2003, Sr. Oracle DBA, Oxford Health Plans.
· Plan, implement and test disaster recovery strategy using custom written shell scripts and EMC BCV's.
· Migrate database from Oracle 7.3.4 on Siemens/Reliant Unix to Oracle 8i on HP-UX.
· Plan, test, help and support migrating Oracle*Forms environment from Dev2000 to Developer 6i.
· Monitor, support and perform critical 7x24 beeper duty on the company's complex OPS database on HP 9000/N hardware. Monitoring was done by OEM, STATSPACK and custom made scripts. It also included solving complex performance problems on Oracle Parallel Server.
· Supervise, coordinate and control a team of two junior DBAs performing developer support and end-user support.
· Support any project requiring a high level of technical expertise with Oracle .
January 1999 to May 1999., Oracle DBA, Flexi International Software.
· Support the development of financial software and it's porting to Oracle.
· Help developers in porting applications from Sybase and MS SQL Server to Oracle. Port stored procedures and triggers from Transac/SQL to PL/SQL Advise management of technical direction and best development practices.
· Suggest changes to the application model in order to achieve the optimal performance. Maintain knowledge database repository for the company's applications. Be technical support for developers, quality control and customers.
March 1997 to December 1998. Oracle DBA at Interal Corp. (Consulting position at FTI in New York City).
· Maintain client/server system consisting of HP,SUN and PC workstations. Perform ORACLE administration. Maintain performance and security of ORACLE databases.
· Install and configure ORACLE software on Unix (HP and SUN) and PC (Win95 and NT40) environments.
· Perform disaster planning, enroll new users, maintain space within the database, suggest and implement backup strategy to maximize security and safety.
· Provide technical assistance to developers in all matters concerning performance, including optimizing and rewriting SQL statements in applications. Assist and partially write applications using Oracle WebServer 2.1 and PL/SQL toolkit provided with it.
Positions held prior to arriving in the USA:
Colt Telecom, London UK September 1996 – March 1997, Oracle DBA
Telstra UK , London UK May 1996 – September 1996, Oracle DBA
Aster, Ljubljana, Slovenia, June 1993 – April 1996, Pre-sales support consultant.
KOPA, Slovenj Gradec, Slovenia, March 1989. - May 1993.
CAOP Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia, 1985 – February 1989.