Guggi for Oracle competes with TOAD and RaptorJanuary 22, 2006
The GUGGI tool for Oracle has positioned itself
as a cost-effective competitor to TOAD and Project Raptor (Oracle’s
new offering in GUI DBA management):
All of these products do the same functions,
and the only real differences are ease-of-use and the GUI:
Many Oracle professionals are waiting for
Oracle’s “project Raptor”, a similar tool:
Guggi license prices range from $40 for a
single-user license to $1,000 for a corporate license. Guggi lists
it’s best DBA and developer features:
DBA features (besides performing DDL).
1. View latches, locks, waits and
instance / SGA/ Session statistics.
2. View library cache and control
3. View input / output statistics.
4. View Backup statistics.
5. View Oracle Parameters.
6. View free space by tablespace and
7. View space taken by each object in
Database Tools for DBAs and Developers.
1. Database schema browser.
2. SQL Editor.
3. Guggi SQL Editor – SQL editor
outside the Guggi for Oracle application.
4. PL/SQL Editor.
5. Reports of database objects.
6. Reverse engineer database objects.
7. Search objects in the database.
8. Performance statistical analysis of
data such as min, max, standard deviation, variance, standard error,
9. Analyze Manager – analyze tables and
10. Invalid Objects Manager – view invalid
objects and compile them.
11. Rollback Segment Manager – manage
rollback segments, view active segments and their properties, view
current SQL on segments.
12. Sessions Manager – view current
13. SQL Stats Manager – analyze SQL in the
database – hot tables, top bugger gets, top disk reads etc.
14. User/Schema Role Manager – manager
security in the database.
15. View linked data – view data in tables
linked by primary key and foreign key relationships.
16. View Image – download BLOBs from the
database. View image BLOBs.
17. Upload Binary Data – Save BLOBs in the
database (any binary data).
18. Network Tools – ftp files back and
forth from an FTP server. Will add others such as telnet, ping,