||Oracle Tips by Burleson
10g Grid Computing
Real Application Cluster Architecture
Predictive Failure Analysis
Many server vendors provide a mechanism to
anticipate system failures in advance. It is often called PFA
(Predictive Failure Analysis).
Servers keep running until they don't run
anymore. Often, there are not clear signs that the servers will go
down. If zero downtime is necessary, consider using predictive
failure analysis technology. This technology warns you up to 48
hours in advance of an imminent server failure. That's plenty of
time to prevent disaster. The analysis method and terminology may
differ, but most of the leading vendors provide PFA for the servers.
The above text is
an excerpt from:
Oracle 10g Grid & Real Application
Computing with RAC
by Mike Ault, Madhu Tumma
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit www.dba-oracle.com or email