||Oracle Tips by Burleson
10g Grid Computing
Real Application Cluster Architecture
Network Services and Accessing RAC
The SQL*Net process controls the RAC instance access.
Access to any Oracle instance can be either through a dedicated
server connection or through a shared server connection. If access
is through a shared server connection, then the instance is set up
for shared server (multi-threaded server - MTS). If the connection
is a dedicated server, then either the user process requires a
dedicated connection or the instance is not using MTS.
configuration of SQL*Net for RAC can be quite simple. Essentially
only two files need to be configured for basic access, the SQL*Net
listener control file, listener.ora, and the instance names file,
tnsnames.ora. In a basic configuration, each server has a
listener.ora and a tnsnames.ora file, and each client has a
tnsnames.ora file. A third file, sqlnet.ora, is also present on both
server and client, which control the access behavior.
The above text is
an excerpt from:
Oracle 10g Grid & Real Application
Computing with RAC
by Mike Ault, Madhu Tumma
can offer world-class remote Oracle database support at super-affordable prices.
Oracle DBA service provides 100% of the remote Oracle database administration
needs for your company, and includes 24x7 access to our staff of 100% OCP
Certified Oracle DBAs.
We require a 12 month service commitment and include the following services:
- Initial configuration review and problem identification
- Installation of Oracle statistics collection mechanisms and quarterly
database growth summaries
- Hourly monitoring of your Oracle database for pending problems
- Periodic performance analysis & identification of tuning activities
- Twenty Four hour Oracle emergency support
- Reporting and resolving all serious Oracle alert log messages
- Free use of the BC
- Quick response emergency support for production database outages
- Four hours of free remote DBA support every month. You can use these free
hours for any DBA activity, including database analysis, system design,
production migrations or personal mentoring.
information, please visit www.dba-oracle.com or email